Winter is upon again, and that means cold, dark, rainy running. Last Christmas, I wrote about winter running attire. Honestly, at this point, I consider myself something of an expert on running in Seattle weather conditions at this point.
- Sugoi Half Zip I love this top. It’s got a nice little zip pocket that’s just big enough for my running gloves, a true half zip (not a quarter zip masquerading as a quarter zip), comes in bright colors, and has long sleeves with thumb holes.
- Lululemon Swifly LS Tee I finally hopped on the Lululemon swifly bandwagon. Honestly, this one is not worth the full list price ($80!) but I do like that I can wear is just as easily to work as on a run. It shows up in basically every wash cycle I do.
- I still own and run in the shirts I mentioned a year ago, so they’re holding up well.
- Nike Epic Lux Tights I bought a pair of these (not in this pattern) after seeing my favorite runner wearing them on the cover of Runner’s World. I’m not sure I’ve ever done that before, but the tights are great for weather around 40 degrees. And I LOVE the pattern.
- My Sugoi Mid-zero tights still get a ton of use. I wish they’d sell them in some more colors.
Rain jackets / vests
- Lululemon Like The Wind Vest I was hesitant about buying this since it’s water resistant, not waterproof, but it has turned out to be a great buy (one sale). I get a ton of use out of it on days when it’s in the low 40s and it’s raining lightly to moderately. (We get A LOT of days like that.) That’s too warm for a full jacket, and this vest if great. I wore it for the Seattle Half, and it was a great choice that day, too.
- Amphipod Xinglet Vest Last winter, I tried running at work on the darkest days, or treadmilling it at the Y. We had really lousy weather last winter, but it’s been a bit better this winter, so I’ve been out in the dark a lot more. This really lightweight reflective vest is small but, according to my husband, really improves my visibility.
- 12 in 1 Headband This guy has proved surprisingly useful, and it makes me look slightly less ridiculous than my other running winter headbands.