Farmer’s wife update

Having finished up my sister’s quilt, which I was not thrilled with but will get around to posting about one of these days, I’m back to the Farmer’s Wife.

I’m not sure if I posted this picture before, but my farmer’s wife setup was a mess.  I finally decided to get organized, and it’s made a big difference.  Now, I cut the pieces needed for each block before I start piecing, and I have on my desk only what’s absolutely required – a few pieces of fabric, the book, rotary cutter, a couple pairs of scissors.  Oh, and the wonder clips I got for Christmas which have been super useful for sewing paper-pieced sections together.

22556207293_6e662081c3_z

#16

23882270452_c58c4d5c19_z - Copy

#17 – This one came out very wonky as I realized halfway through that the paper-piecing instructions I’d downloaded required Y-seams.  I ripped it apart and re-made it using the *other* paper-piecing instructions.  I may have to re-make it.  We’ll see.  But I like the colors.

23990530325_cb39c47deb_z - Copy

#18

23694816120_14fa42844f_z - Copy

#19 – This may be my favorite of this bunch.

 

 

23964414166_41d19eaeb0_z - Copy

#20 – I love the color combination in this one.

 

23362274184_a574cbe436_z - Copy

#21

23362271064_418fe35eb0_z - Copy

#22- I made a bunch of mistakes trying to assemble this one as I was rather distracted, but I like the end result.

23882251402_af522c4bbf_z - Copy

#23

23882249222_8f64b1d10d_z - Copy

I’m planning to pause when I’ve finished thirty blocks and begin putting the sashing fabric on.  It’s going to be a bit tedious, and I’m not sure it makes sense to put it all off until the end.