Now that we are home, I’m back to work on my rainbow-colored around-the-world quilt. It’s going well; I’m nearly done with the front.
I have definitely had some moments where I have asked myself if this color scheme is really going to work. I am using the colors of the rainbow – all six of them – along with neutral colors for seven by seven squares. I have realized that using six non-neutral colors is very ambitious, probably two ambitious given my skill and experience level.
Nevertheless, I actually think it’s going to turn out OK. Once I started slicing and dicing the strips into squares, things started looking better. I think the scrappy around-the-world pattern is fairly forgiving.
I have not been fussy-cutting, but one square had to be manually removed. The quilt is intended for a child, and I can’t see including a horse’s ass.
Anyway, I’ve done eight of the nine squares. I’ll finish the final block tomorrow night, hopefully, and then I’ll put together as simple a back as I can manage. Hopefully, I can start quilting next week. Given the complexity of the front, I’m leaning towards straight line quilting diagonals.